The International Peace Scholarship Fund, established in 1949, is a program which provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding.
The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
IS SCHOLARSHIP ANNUAL?
The International Peace Scholarship Fund is awarded yearly to international students in USA and Canada. You are strongly advised to visit this website regularly to see more scholarship opportunities.
Important Information: “Some scholarships require you to first apply to the host university for admission before you can be considered for scholarships. Fortunately, it doesn’t cost any fee to apply for admission as an international student.
If the scholarship eligibility criteria require you to hold an offer of admission from the university and you will be automatically awarded the scholarship”. While few others require you to first be a newly admitted student (fresh student) of the university before being awarded a scholarship, hence the need for you to step up efforts in your quest to study abroad.
Also, ensure you first read the eligibility criteria and application procedure of every scholarship opportunity published on this website carefully before commencing your application because some scholarships don’t necessarily require you to first apply to the host university for admission or be a fresh student as stated earlier.
You are strongly advised to check back on this website regularly for more scholarship opportunities.
Applicants from all countries are eligible to apply for the International Peace Scholarship Fund. Citizens or permanent residents of USA and Canada are NOT eligible to apply.
WHERE CAN SCHOLARSHIP BE TAKEN?
Scholarships can be taken at institutions in the United States of America and Canada.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degreein an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible. Note: A student with residency for tax purposes only is permitted.
- Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
HOW TO APPLY
- APPLY HERE
Application for International Peace Scholarship Fund is currently open. Deadline shall be announced later.
Visit the scholarship website for more information.